Monthly Goals: Simplify

/ 1 comment

I just stumbled on to a link up over at Not Entirely Perfect (a blog I silently stalk ... not creepy at all) that revolves around monthly goals. I am a goal setter / list maker / anal about (trying to) keep some order - so "Choose Your Own Adventure" monthly goal setting is a perfect fit for me.

The theme this month is simplify.

I plan on doing this by:

1. Not breaking my back making a huge Christmas brunch for my equally huge family. Instead we will order meat and cheeses, Black Forest cake, stollen (German sweet bread), brotchen and other assorted goodies from a popular specialty market here in town. Financially, this cost less than buying a bunch of groceries. Time wise- it's a no brainier. Taste wise- it's better than anything I could whip up. 

2. Christmas shopping - I already have the bulk of it done (thank you Cyber Monday). This leaves stocking stuffers which we've decided to keep simple and practical (gift cards and pre-made bags of candy from Aldi). 

3. Social engagements - I am too old to try and please everyone so holiday parties will come down to whether or not we are in the mood to go. No point in stressing out over something like this. Real friends will understand and grant you space if and when you need it. 


Not Entirely Perfect

1 comment:

  1. haha not creepy at all! But feel free to comment any time :) happy to have you joining the link up! Love your December goals. #3 is on mine too. Just looking at my calendar is already overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.